Restaurant Management / Culinary Arts 1- (16053)
My goal is to provide basic culinary skills that will enhance the students future in a fun and engaging atmosphere. Please be advised there is a heavy emphasis on reading, writing and math! This is not just a cooking class! The students will be given projects and papers to write!
Students will explore the history of the hospitality industry and career opportunities.
Introduction into the job necessary skills for successful employment. Learn food safety practices and safety in the workplace.
Learn basic culinary skills and use of restaurant equipment.
Learn proper food selection and preparation techniques.
Explore proper communication methods in the workplace.
Food Technology (19254)
This course is designed to offer opportunities to study the composition, structure and properties of foods. The chemical changes that occur during processing, storage, preparation and consumption of food will also be examined usually through laboratory experiments.
- History of food technology
- Scientific practices
- Food labs and safety
- Sensory influences
- Integrate knowledge, skills and practices required for careers in food processing and food production..
- Technology advances. Social changes.
- Careers in Food Science, Culinology, and Food Production are explores.
- Explore the basics of food composition.
- Explain chemical composition of nutrients in food processing and preparation.
- Food safety and sanitation.
Northwest Area Schools Education Cooperative - 52201 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.